March 2014 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tagsabsurdity animals Ant app apple beach bible birmingham blog blosxom books chloe christianity christmas civil war clojure closures cloudland canyon cocoa cooking cycling death disney world dr horrible eclipse email fish food games general gmail golf google google voice gps greek groovy hiking humor ios iphone itunes java last.fm life lion lisp mac movies music musical myrtle beach nature netflix osx parks photo poker programming rants ruby safari scala software development space sports tech tour de france tv vacation video war wdw windows wordpress
- I’m working in C for the first time in like 10 years. Major productivity today, too. Function pointers, FTW! #fb 1 hour ago
- @arcanecode I’ve watched some of the Doctor (Eccleston is still my fave), but I’ve not seen the Silence. Just read about them. 11 hours ago
- @arcanecode I guess that means you’re singing along now, too? 11 hours ago
- Try as I might, I cannot get Yellow Submarine out of my head. ♬ We all live in a yellow submarine… ♬ #CurseYouRingoStarr #FB 11 hours ago
- Sarah Palin CPAC 2014 - CPAC Bonus Saturday -- The Princess In Excelsis - Esquire jygb.us/1iwlS1X 11 hours ago
Author Archives: joeygibson
I like to test things out interactively, so I love working with languages that provide a REPL. I’m currently working on a Java project, but Java doesn’t have a REPL. Several languages built on top of the JVM do have … Continue reading
O, how I hate that stupid “Ancient Aliens” show on the “History” channel. Tonight, as I was scrolling through the channel guide, I happened to see the info for an episode that was about to go off. The title of this … Continue reading
About a week ago, I decided to implement Conway’s Game of Life in Go. There was no particular reason, other than that I was bored, I wanted to do something else with Go, and I had never tried to implement … Continue reading
From today’s edition of the Now I Know newsletter, this bit of interesting stuff: In ordinal rank, the ace in a deck of playing cards is lower than the two — it’s the one, after all. But in most card … Continue reading
Tonight I gave a lecture to the Atlanta Go User Group called “Go: Beyond the Basics.” Here are the slides from that talk: and here is all the sample code that I showed, and here’s a PDF of the slides, … Continue reading
Do you play the ukulele? Have you always wanted to? Do you live in or near Atlanta, GA? The Southeast Ukers are a group of ukulele players who get together twice a month to play and sing together. We meet … Continue reading
This commercial cracks me up every time. This is the longer version, too.
Thomas said I kicked the board so hard it bled. But the blood on this board is my own. I was channeling Jackson Pollock.