August 2014 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tagsabsurdity animals Ant app apple beach bible birmingham blog blosxom books chloe christianity christmas civil war clojure closures cocoa cooking cycling death disney world dr horrible eclipse email fish food games general gmail golf google google voice gps greek groovy hiking humor ios iphone itunes java last.fm life lion lisp lolclojure mac movies music musical myrtle beach nature netflix osx parks photo poker programming rants ruby safari scala software development space sports tech tour de france tv vacation video war wdw windows wordpress
- I wish RosettaStone were more like DuoLingo. I think the pictures RS uses are not good for expressing abstract concepts. #FB 18 hours ago
- @momocon The hotels page is still demanding FULL pre-payment and it’s non-refundable. Is that *really* the only way to get a room? 20 hours ago
- @phonehand :-) I was just trying to get hot water so I could make tea. Having stray coffee grounds in there is not cool. 1 day ago
- I tried FOUR TIMES to get hot water without stray coffee grounds from our office Keurig-alikes, this morning, but failed all 4 times. #FB 1 day ago
- @jasonkratz I love stevia. It has a woody taste, which is oddly satisfying. 2 days ago
Category Archives: general
I read Conrad Barski’s excellent book Land of Lisp a couple of years ago, and worked through all the examples using CLisp, but I thought it might be fun to go through it again, but use Clojure instead. Other people … Continue reading
From today’s edition of the Now I Know newsletter, this bit of interesting stuff: In ordinal rank, the ace in a deck of playing cards is lower than the two — it’s the one, after all. But in most card … Continue reading
Do you play the ukulele? Have you always wanted to? Do you live in or near Atlanta, GA? The Southeast Ukers are a group of ukulele players who get together twice a month to play and sing together. We meet … Continue reading
This commercial cracks me up every time. This is the longer version, too.
Thomas said I kicked the board so hard it bled. But the blood on this board is my own. I was channeling Jackson Pollock.