I’ve made a few changes to my copy of Blosxom to add the little “Google” link you see at the end of this entry. I’ve seen this on other blogs here and there so I decided to add it to mine. It consists of a subroutine called
buildGoogle that takes the second line of each story file and builds the Google URL with the query string built from your keywords. The second line of the file will only be used as keywords if the line starts with
KW:. If it starts with anything other than that, it will be included as part of the body. For example, a file with this
KW: blosxom perl blog
as its second line will produce this
To include the link itself in your stories, edit your
story.html and add
Here is the patch if you would like to use it.