After just a week in the Apple queue, version 1.3 of GV Places is now available. Here’s the list of what’s new:
- Changed the screen order for adding a place. Now the phone number selection comes first, then the map.
- Places no longer have to have geography associated with them.
- A place can be designated the “default” place that will be used when no other places’ geography match the current location
- When adding geography, the map can be searched, just like in the Maps app.
- The list of places is now sorted alphabetically, rather than by how well they fit around the current location.
- Completely rewritten calculations for determining if the current location is within a region, and for determining which of multiple overlapping regions is the better choice.
- Removed most modal operations.
- Much faster to start.